Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Impossible?

Our trip to California is actually happening. 
We couldn't be more excited to celebrate the first year of marriage by going to Disneyland!
(1st year of marriage meaning our marriage is like a child, hence Disneyland?)
But here is a list of the challenges/circumstances/jerks we have encountered that almost made this trip not happen:

1.  Our deposit from our old apartment is on hold.  It was going to help fund the trip.  I have been working my butt off subbing to make up for the deficit. 
2.  My car broke down.  It has been at the dealership for an entire week.  It is getting a new transmition.
3.  The transmition is on back-order.
4.  I got a rental car.  It was initially meant to be for only five days, but since we have the trip, and a super good warranty, we get to take the rental on our trip!
(That obviously turned out well.)
5.  We have had numerous attacks and critiques on how we should not be going to Disneyland this weekend because of foot traffic.  Because someone obviously cares too much. 
6. Oh, and our $50/night hotel (a Ramada Inn with a fridge and microwave in the room) has been critisized.  Awesome. 
7. Steven's only co-worker in his department had a death in the family.  Funeral scheduled for Friday, the day of our actual anniversary AND we already have tickets and the hotel.
(The funeral got changed to Saturday.)
8.  The most important one (to me) is something that I will be missing:
  My sissy, Emily, and her eternal family,  Brian, Konrad, Rodney, and baby Wayne(the fetus) will be permanently arriving in Arizona tomorrow. 
(A congrats goes out to Brian Kleinman for becoming a doctor of Endodontics.)
Free root canals for life.
I love my educated family.
They are my best friends.

But it has all worked out, despite the physical, financial, and I guess, emotional mishaps. 
Bad stuff and people can suck it!

Stay tuned for pictures!
Because I know you are all on the edge of your seats with care and concern for my trip...duh.


No comments:

Post a Comment