Thursday, May 19, 2011

Apprehension

A few weeks ago, the cast for The Hunger Games movie was announced.
Well, just who was going to play Katniss.  
(that's about all I care about, besides Haymitch which will be address in a bit.)
I got the urge to read the entire trilogy again.
That took about a week.

Yesterday, a picture of the lady playing Katniss with her 'Seam' makeover was released:

She hits the bullseye (haha) what my imagination thought her to be.
After google-ing her, I came to the knowledge that she is also playing Mystique in the new X Men movie.
I love X Men.

This is where my apprehension begins.
I pray, really, that these movies don't suck like it's [ignorant person's] comparison:
Twilight.

My sissy, Emily and I went to see Twilight at midnight on its opening night.
I hated it.
The worst acting since Keanu Reeves was borned.
I had to go see the movie again, ALONE, just to make sure sleep deprivation was not the cause of my hate.
But it was really just the movie.
It sucks. 
All of them do.

But since Jennifer Lawrence (Katniss) is in X Men, I feel a little bit more secure that these movies won't suck.
And the fact that they are not rushing it to make money is fantastical.  




On another, related note, 
Woody Harrelson has been cast as Haymitch.
I would have preferred Dr. House or RDJr:




But we shall see...


No comments:

Post a Comment