Friday, October 1, 2010

5th Graders.

Whenever I am speaking to someone and the fact that I am student teaching right now, they always ask/say:
'Really? What grade?'

My response:
'5th grade'

This erks me/their re-response:
'Ew'.

To own all of you who feel this way or who have said this to me:

Today, we had a substitute, which is a free day for subs.  Why?  I am halfway through, I have the responsibility of every planning and teaching every subject; I am the teacher. 

I did it ALL today. 
I enjoyed it to the fullest.
Even the indoor recess that ALWAYS happens every time we have a sub.
Why?

I made a statement about the indoor recess thing every time a sub is here.
One student, a 5th grader, in all sweetness said:

'It's because Mrs. Kissel isn't here.  The sun gets sad when she is gone'.

To make it even better, about half of the class told me how good I did today, without me even asking.

I absolutley love every one of those 5th graders.

Everyone else can suck it (all you EWWWW say-ers).




No comments:

Post a Comment