Sunday, January 16, 2011

Ouch!

Steven is a man.
He likes manly things like guns and knives.
It is possible that my father had something to do with it.
For Christmas, he recieved a rifle.
A Mosin Nagant, a fully restored rifle, with  scope, from WWI as pictured below.


And for Steven's 23rd birthday this past July, my father gave him this:

Pretty cool, right?

Both of these items play in to one of the most 'manly' moments of Steven's life.
Yesterday, he got a rifle cleaning kit for the Mosin since we went out to shoot it the Saturday prior.
He sat down to clean it, with a wife-given designated gun-cleaning towel. 
He was so pissed off.

Complaining about how stupid the Winchester people are for packaging the kit for a nuclear bomb, I asked him if he wanted some scissors.
"No, I have my knife" was his reply.
I continued on planning my Primary lesson.
About 3 minutes later....

"Oh crap!"he yelled.
"What?"I asked
"I cut my finger"as he ran to the bathroom.

Leaning over the sink, blood. Lots of blood. 
He got light-headed and turned green. 
I gave him an ice pack and a kitchen cloth and made him lay down with the darned thing elevated.
It totally needed/needs stiches.
Being resourceful, I grabbed my super glue and 'stiched' him up.
I wrapped his little feeeeener(finger).
Once my dad gets home from Mexico, he will probably stitch it up.

As for now, he is a total baby.
He has his finger all wrapped up.
And since it is wrapped up, he can't bend the finger or basically use the entire left hand.
I pinched his bum in the kitchen and he screamed and freaked out because I scared him and made him tense up bend his finger.
I will give him credit though. 
Its pretty gnarly.

And this is the face that I get.
Poor baby.
He should have taken my scissor offer...

No comments:

Post a Comment