Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bible Humor

Today was a perfect day at church.  Our wonderful Elders spoke of prophets and testified of Joseph Smith and the Restoration in an incredible, powerful, pierces your heart kind of way.  Then, on to Sunday School.  Reading in Kings and 2nd Chronicles, combining two lessons in one.  It was pretty good, about our leaders and good leadership.  Rehoboam, a leader, decides to make the burden of the people heavier because he is easily swayed and wants to be more forceful than his father(demanding respect and being a poop and what not).  In 2nd Chronicles 10:10, it states:

 And the young men that were brought up with him spake unto him, saying, Thus shalt thou answer the people that spake unto thee, saying, Thy father made our yoke heavy, but make thou it somewhat lighter for us; thus shalt thou say unto them, My little finger shall be thicker than my father’s loins.

I didn't get it at first.  I had to read it a coupla times (the part in bold).  I could not contain my laughter.  Although it was thousands of years ago, people still made the same jokes about schlong size.  (Thank you Emly for the word.)

1 comment: