Friday, August 13, 2010

Week 1

Student teaching: an enriching experience that will train me to be an effective and productive teacher, right?

Well the first week is completed.  Let us review:

I STILL cannot get to school on friggen time.  Parents at this school are insistant that it is a necessity to walk their kids in the school DAILY, therefore, I cannot find a parking space, thus, I am late daily. 

Some 5th graders (parents) choose to not help their children with their hygiene. 

Going spinning on the first day of school could end terribly like this:


Plus a swolen throat, face, tongue and sinus which turns out, you migt actually miss the second day of school.  Unfortunately for me, I was devistated to miss.  Though the joke was made by my mentor teacher that the kids only took a day to make me sick!

Don't wear new shoes as a teacher.  Your feet will feel as discomforting as wedgie.

When a child farts, during the read aloud on your first day doing it, don't laugh.  It encourages them. 

OHHH!  Don't fling lasagna all over your shirt at lunch time.  That kinda sucks.

Sometimes, the most kind, wonderful mentor teacher will totally intimidate you when you read a book to the class.  But 30 minutes goes by friggen fast. 

Don't try to curl your hair.  You will burn your cheek and look like an idiot with a hickey on your face and people might thing your husband is MMR (mildly mentally retarted) because he cant find your mouth or.....um......yeah.  

When a student brings up the contraversial painting on another school saying: 'it looks like Mexicans jumping over the border', again, don't laugh. 

MMMM, what else.  Have school spirit?


Whatever happens in the next 15 weeks will surprise me.  Literally.

Amen.






2 comments: