Thursday, December 16, 2010

A New Home for Ivan

In September of 2008, I graced the Yavapai County Fair with my presence.
Among the fantastical mullets and Sarah Palin t-shirts, it was fun.
Since I don't trust the rides, I walked around and spent money on the stupid games that are impossible to win.
After a 20 dollar giant pug doll, I decided to throw some ping pong balls in to jars with hopes to win a fish.

After about 5 dollars, I tried one more. 
It went in.
(that's what she said)
Since no one was winning and there were still a trillion fish, the toothless man gave me two fishies.
Since I already had a 10 gallon tank, and had killed about 16 fish during my attempt to stabilze it, I figured they would't last long.

Blast forward to present day 2010:
The darnd fish was still alive. 
Yes just one fish was still alive.
His name is Ivan.
In my 10 gallon tank, he measured 7 inches from mouth to tail.
I have been cleaning the friggen tank at least once a month.
I got sick of it.
I posted him on craigslist for FREEEEEEEEEEEEE telling this story of his exciting life.
Within 2 hours, I got a response. 
Prescott Public Library took him in to their 150 gallon tank.
With the help of my amigo I tudor, we took him over to the library yesterday.

He went from being able to swim two inches forward and backwards like this:


To having crap-loads of room to move.


It is a very happy story. 
I can go visit him whenever I want.
The ladies that do the aquarium know his story.
And so do you.

No comments:

Post a Comment